The Basic Rider Training is a 15 hour class for both the beginner and riders with limited experience. Even though this is a basic class, many experienced riders have benefitted from this class. The course will help develop your skills for becoming a safe and responsible motorcyclist. You will learn the physical and mental skills important for operating a 2-Wheel motorcycle, ways to minimize risk and how to handle special riding situations.
Even though a minimal amount of strength is required to ride a motorcycle, you must possess some stamina to complete this class. You will be required to "Straddle Walk" your motorcycle from one side of the range to the other, as well as turn the motorcycle around numerous times while in Neutral during the second exercise.
Required Items to Bring
- Glasses, Sunglasses, Goggles, or Face Shield
- Full Fingered Gloves(Leather is preferable)
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Long Pants, Denim or sturdier preferred. Must be in good repair with no holes, cuts or tears.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes that completely cover your ankle (canvas high top shoes or Romeo style boots with elastic side panels are not acceptable)
- Personal Helmet: Properly-Fitting & DOT compliant (loaner helmets are no longer available available).
- There will be no refund or rescheduling if you are dismissed for improper riding gear.
In order to pass this class, you must be on time, attend and successfully complete all classroom and range sessions and pass both a Skills and Knowledge test.
Successful completion of the course enables you to add your 2-Wheel Learners Permit on line at the Department of Licensing webpage (www,dol.wa.gov).
Due to the Covid-19 virus, we are no longer allowed to provide loaner gear. You are responsible for providing all required riding gear!
To see our schedule and register for a Basic Rider Class CLICK HERE