Online Services Guide for Motorcycle Permit & Endorsement Issuance
Your test results will be added directly to the Department of Licensing web portal. We have three business days (Monday through Friday) beginning the first business day after your test. For instance, if you test on Sunday, your results will be available to the DOL after the completion of business on Wednesday. If you test on Wednesday, your results will be posted to the DOL by the end of business on Monday. You must complete the permitting / endorsement process with the DOL.
You are not legal to ride on the street until you add your permit or endorsement in person or on-line with the DOL!
Washington residents must meet the following criteria to be eligible to use our online services to add a motorcycle permit or endorsement to their driver license:
- Required tests taken within the last 180 days through one of our partnered motorcycle training schools.
- Must have a current valid Washington driver license.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- o Washington residents under 18 must have parental permission to apply for a motorcycle permit or endorsement. This may require you to visit a DOL Licensing Office to add a motorcycle permit or endorsement to your driver’s
How to add a motorcycle permit/endorsement:
- Visit the Department of Licensing website at this link: https://www.dol.wa.gov/onlinesvcs.html
- Select “Renew your license” if you are eligible for a renewal (within 1 year of expiration). If you are not eligible for renewal, select “Replace your license”.
- Follow the instructions given, fill out all the information asked for! Your Permit / Endorsement are not added until you complete the process. Additional fees will be charged by the DOL.
If you have not held a Motorcycle Learner’s Permit in the past 5 years, your Learner’s Permit will be valid for 180 days. You may be eligible to renew one time for an additional 180 days. You must renew or test for the endorsement prior to your permit expiring.
.While your Learners Permit is valid, you must return and take and pass an additional written and skills test to obtain your Motorcycle Endorsement. If you let your permit expire, you must start the process from the beginning.