Sunday July 9 8am-5pm
MTI Staff/MTI Staff
The Intermediate Rider Training is a 8-hour course that enables those successfully completing it to receive their Washington Learners Permit. It is designed specifically for riders who are:
- Experiences with riding motorcycles, but have no endorsement
- Returning to riding after a break of several years, but have retained the riding skills and knowledge to successfully complete the course.
THIS IS NOT A “LEARN TO RIDE” COURSE. You need to bring the following skills to the class:
- Able to start, stop and turn the motorcycle.
- Balance the motorcycle.
- Shift gears.
- Must be able to fully control the motorcycle (i.e. start, stop, turn, etc).
You will ride an evaluation exercise to verify you possess the minimum skills to continue. If your instructor determines you do not meet the minimum standard to continue, you will be excused from class with no refund offered.
You must also complet a 3 hour web based eCourse within 30 days of your class start date. A link with instructions will be emailed to you after you complete registration.
Loaner bikes are available for use, however you are welcome to use your motorcycle. If you use your personal bike, it must pass a safety inspection and you must show you have the minimum required insurance ($10,000 Property Damage, $25,000 Personal Injury and $50,000 Per Occurrence) as required by Washington State.
Classroom instruction include street strategies and mental preparedness for safe motorcycling with range exercise that cover cornering/swerving/stopping/hazard avoidance.
Successful completion will allow you to go to the Department of Licensing and have your Learners Permit added to your license. Included in your tuition is a 3 hour web based eCourse that is required to be completed within 30 days prior to your class start date. You will receive an email after you register with instructions on how to access the eCourse.
Due to the Covid-19 virus, loaner gear is no longer available. You are responsible for providing all required riding gear!
Required Items to Bring
- Glasses, Sunglasses, Goggles, or Face Shield
- Full Fingered Gloves(Leather is preferable)
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Long Pants, Denim or sturdier preferred. Must be in good repair with no holes, cuts or tears.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes that completely cover your ankle (canvas high top shoes or Romeo style boots with elastic side panels are not acceptable)
- Personal Helmet: Properly-Fitting & DOT compliant (loaner helmets are no longer available available).
- There will be no refund or rescheduling if you are dismissed for improper riding gear.
Richland, WA 99354
|BRC Class Fee|
|Washington Resident Any Age||$175.00|
|Active Duty Military Stationed in Washington||$175.00|
|Non Resident Any Age||$260.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.