Learn the basics of operating a 3 wheel motorcycle!
This is a 15 hour course designed to help you develop the basic skills to safely operate your 3-wheel vehicle. Loaner rigs are not provided to students, except for those who register through the Can-Am Rider Education Program. You must either provide your own rig, or two riders may share one vehicle. Proof of insurance must be provided and all policies must meet the minimum insurance requirements of $10,000 Property Damage, $25,000 Injury and $50,000 per occurrence.
Some rigs are not appropriate for use in the S/TEP class. 3-Wheelers that have partially or fully enclosed seating, automotive seating or controls or rigs that have stabilizing wheels added to the motorcycle while retaining the original drive wheel cannot be used in the S/TEP program. Leaning trikes or sidecars cannot be used unless the wheels can be safely locked and the rig operated in that locked condition throughout the class.
Each rig will be required to pass a basic safety inspection in order to be used in the class. Your instructor has the final say as to whether a rig is appropriate or is safe to use in the S/TEP program.
Those that successfully complete this course may have their 3-wheel endorsement added at the DOL with no further testing required.
Required Items to Bring
- Glasses, Sunglasses, Goggles, or Face Shield
- Full Fingered Gloves(Leather is preferable)
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Long Pants, Denim or sturdier preferred. Must be in good repair with no holes, cuts or tears.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes that completely cover your ankle (canvas high top shoes or Romeo style boots with elastic side panels are not acceptable)
- Personal Helmet: Properly-Fitting & DOT compliant (loaner helmets are no longer available available).
- There will be no refund or rescheduling if you are dismissed for improper riding gear.
Class Price: Washington Resident Any Age $240.00
Active Duty Military Satationed in Washington $240.00
Non-resident Any Age $320.00
If you do not see a class scheduled, please call us at 509-371-0888