The Intermediate Rider Training is a 8-hour course that enables those successfully completing it to receive their Washington 2-Wheel Learners Permit. It is designed specifically for riders who are:
- Experienced with riding motorcycles, but have no endorsement.
- Returning to riding after a break of several years, but have retained the riding skills and knowledge to successfully complete the course.
THIS IS NOT A “LEARN TO RIDE” COURSE.
You need to bring the following skills to the class:
- Able to start, stop and turn the motorcycle
- Balance the motorcycle
- Shift gears
- Must be able to fully control the motorcycle (i.e. start, stop, turn, etc)
You will ride an evaluation exercise to verify you possess the minimum skills to continue. If your instructor determines you do not meet the minimum standard to continue, you will be excused from class with no refund offered.
Required Items to Bring
- Glasses, Sunglasses, Goggles, or Face Shield
- Full Fingered Gloves(Leather is preferable)
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Long Pants, Denim or sturdier preferred. Must be in good repair with no holes, cuts or tears.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes that completely cover your ankle (canvas high top shoes or Romeo style boots with elastic side panels are not acceptable)
- Personal Helmet: Properly-Fitting & DOT compliant (loaner helmets are no longer available available).
- There will be no refund or rescheduling if you are dismissed for improper riding gear.
You may ride our bikes in this course (those returning to the sport without personal bikes will find this is a perfect class for them). Your personal bike may be used if it passes a safety inspection and you have the minimum required insurance ($10,000 Property Damage, $25,000 Personal Injury and $50,000 Per Occurrence).
Classroom instruction include street strategies and mental preparedness for safe motorcycling with range exercise that cover cornering/swerving/stopping/hazard avoidance.
The testing for your Learners Permit is included with the class.
Due to the Covid-19 Virus, loaner gear is no longer available. You are responsible for providing all required gear.
To see our schedule and register for an IRT, CLICK HERE