The Basic Rider Training is for both the beginner and riders with limited experience. The course will help develop your skills for becoming a safe and responsible motorcyclist. You will learn the physical and mental skills important for operating a 2-Wheel motorcycle, ways to minimize risk and how to handle special riding situations.
Included in your tuition is a 3 hour eCourse that is required for participation and completion of the Basic Course. After May 1st, any Basic Rider Course student is required to complete this eCourse. You will be sent an email upon registration that includes a link and instructions for the eCourse. You must bring your completion certificate with you to your first class session.
If you are a late registration, or have limited or no Internet access, options are available for you to either complete the eCourse or other approved options before or after your class.
If you have already registered for a Basic Course that begins after May 1st, we will send you an email with the link and instructions.
If you are a Washington resident, active duty military stationed in Washington you may qualify for the Subsidized rate! If you are a Washington resident, you must provide proof of residency. This can only be done by providing a current Washington State Driver's License, Washington ID or A Washington Instructional Permit. If you are active duty military stationed in Washington, you must present a current active military photo ID. No other documents will be excepted!
Regardless, anyone may sign up for any class. You must chose and pay the proper rate for you class. If you cannot prove Washington residency or military status, you must pay the non subsidized rate listed for each class.
Successful completion of the course enables you to get your 2-Wheel Motorcycle Learners Permit at the Department of Licensing without further testing.
Due to the Covid-19 virus, we are no longer able to supply loaner gear. You must rprovide all required riding gear.
Required Items to Bring
- Glasses, Sunglasses, Goggles, or Face Shield
- Full Fingered Gloves(Leather is preferable)
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Jacket
- Long Pants, Denim or sturdier preferred. Must be in good repair with no holes, cuts or tears.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes that completely cover your ankle (canvas high top shoes or Romeo style boots with elastic side panels are not acceptable)
- Personal Helmet: Properly-Fitting & DOT compliant (loaner helmets are no longer available available).
- There will be no refund or rescheduling if you are dismissed for improper riding gear.
Class Price: Washington Resident Any Age, Active Duty Military: $200.00
Non-Resident Any Age $310.00
If you do not see a class scheduled, please call us at 509-371-0888